When I received a Liebster Award a few weeks ago I though, “Cool. This is something nice and fun. But it probably won’t happen again.”
But then it did happen again. And again. And AGAIN!
It’s all because of this damn keepsmealive blog. Oh wait, one of the things you’re supposed to do to accept the award is thank the person who nominated you. Whoops! Pardon my sarcasm, a very heartfelt thanks guys. These will look great on my mantle between the barb of that stingray who got me and several of my daughters baby dolls.
So without further ado:
(OK, so they didn’t specifically nominate me for the Treasure Trove Award, but at the end of the post they nominate everyone so I’m going to claim one. I need all the self-esteem I can get at this moment.)
WELCOME TO THE INAUGURAL TREASURE TROVE AWARD!
What is the Treasure Trove Award?
I’ve created the Treasure Trove Award for bloggers who share treasures. Treasures can take the form of: art; community participation and support; creative writing; entertainment; friendship; health and fitness; humor; information; knowledge and insight; life lessons; music; photography; skills and instructions…anything that adds value and is a treasure in the blogosphere.
The Treasure Trove Award is for blogosphere treasures.
What are the rules for the Treasure Trove Award?
The rules are that there are no rules.
You can post the Treasure Trove Award image to your blog — or not.
You can give the award to other bloggers — or not.
Versatile Blogger Award
As it usually goes with these things, there are rules/steps to follow (copied from the PR site):
- Thank the person who nominated you and pass it on.
- Share the award on your blog
- Share random facts about yourself
- Tag on 10 bloggers and tell them that they are nominated.
What is the Mystery Blogger Award, you ask?
The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.
~ The award was created by Okoto Enigma.
The Rules or Guidelines for the Mystery Blogger Award:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer 5 questions from the nominee.
- Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers.
- Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, including 1 weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best post. “Donald Trump Can Suck A Bag of Dicks“
So I’m just going to combine the Versatile and Mystery awards into one and only do this once. That’s allowed right?
3 Things about Myself:
- I have visited all of the eastern seaboard states from New York south except Delaware and Georgia (and what’s the point of going to Delaware anyway).
- I’m the first person in my family to have graduated college (Associate’s Degree).
- Sometimes when people ask about my childhood I start reciting the lyrics to Reba McEntire’s “Fancy” just to mess with them.
The Questions I Was Asked:
- What’s your favourite album of all time? – Temple of the Dog
- Can you describe yourself in one word? No
- Can you name one food you could never give up? Pizza
- Why did you start blogging? – I couldn’t find a paying job as a writer so I started blogging to keep myself busy and hone my chops.
- Weird Question: What is your least favourite word? Exactly. I hate that word because my name is Zack and it sounds so much like my name that whenever I hear it I automatically think someone is trying to get my attention.
The Questions I’m Asking:
- Do you have a pet?
- What’s the way you usually describe yourself?
- What’s your favorite time of year?
- Do you play an instrument?
- Weird Question: What’s the grossest food you’ve ever eaten?
The Nominees: (I’m going to try to look outside the box for this one so I’m not just passing stuff around to the same ten bloggers.)
Bitter Ben from Ben’s Bitter Blog
Hard Rock Daddy
Deep in the Music
The Hard Times
The Sonic Sensory
Every Number One
Punk Rock Reviews
The Shameful Sheep
The Valley Report
Alright, that wasn’t so bad. Three awards and I only had to answer 5 questions and spew some random facts. Thanks again guys!